The 60s chic Bardot-inspired bouffant is on-trend for 2015. We show you how to get the look.
This look perfectly epitomises 60’s glamour, with a modern reboot – think sky-high cheekbones, superlong lashes, starry eyes, feathered lips and pouffed-up hair. Here’s how to get her look.
1. A translucent complexion and well-defined cheekbones is the main focus of this look. Smooth on a liquid light-reflective foundation on to your face, neck and décolletage.
2. To disguise dark rings under your eyes, apply a yellow-toned concealer from the inner corners to just beyond the dark circles with a concealer brush. Blend the concealer upwards towards the lower lash line. Cover any blemishes or spots elsewhere with a concealer stick and blend into your foundation. If you have oily skin, lightly apply a translucent powder over the concealer to make sure it doesn’t smudge.
3. In order to create her flawless glow, dust a luminescent powder over your face, paying special attention to your forehead, nose and the apples of your cheeks. Brush with a large round brush in circular motions and be very careful not to overapply.
4. Using black eyeliner, draw a line along your lower lash and in the outer edges of your eye, sweeping out and upwards for approximately 5mm at the outer corners of each eye to create a cat’s-eye shape.
5. For a sparkling, modern look, lightly sweep a pale grey colour across the eyelids from the lash line to the crease of the eye to the outer corner of the eyelid. Then build up a layer of silver eyeshadow from the crease to the brow bone and add a thin silver layer over the grey layer, while working as lightly as possible and fading the colour as it gets closest to the brow bone. To brighten your eyes, line the inside of your lids with white eye pencil and for a subtle sparkle, apply a shimmery silver eye shadow to the inner corners of your eyes and in the area below the lash line. Apply highlighter to your brow bones and just below your lower lashes. Finish off the look with a slick of black lengthening mascara for flirty lashes.
6. For a dramatic look try adding fake eyelashes to your look. Apply make-up glue to your finger and lightly pull the lash band of the fake lash through it. Wait until it is fixed to your finger before dipping the end of the lash in the make-up glue. Place the lash very close to your natural lash line and press down on it for a few seconds on the outside of the eyelid. Keep the glue out of contact with your eyes to avoid irritation. Finish off with an eyelash curler and charcoal volumising mascara.
7. You need to have perfectly shaped eyebrows for this look as it provides the best frame for your shimmering eyes. But don’t overpluck, as this could add years to your face.
8. As your eyes are one of the focal points in this look, keep your lips as natural as possible. Apply a base layer of matte lipstick in a natural colour and pretty up your pout with a slick of pink shimmery lipgloss.
9. To create the bouffant, part your hair into a deep side part in line with the arch in your left eyebrow. Tease the crown. Using a comb, tease the crown section of your hair. Smooth out your backcombing. You’re going to want to use a small boar bristle brush to smooth your hair back, creating a perfectly coifed bouffant. To secure your bouffant, use several bobby pins. Set the look with hairspray. Try Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray.
Will you try this beauty look? Tell us in the comments below.
Model image via Pinterest.