These heart-shapes cranberry almond cookies make the perfect V-day treat for girlfriends, colleagues or the boy next door.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Makes 22 heart-shaped cookies
225g plain flour
85g caster sugar
Half teaspoon vanilla extract
175g butter, softened
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
75g dried cranberries
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Sift the flour into the mixture and mix well.
5. Add the cranberries and almonds to the mixture and start mixing with a dough hook or your hands to form a dough.
6. Roll out the dough until it is about 3mm thick and, using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, shape into hearts.
7. Gently place each heart on the lined baking tray, at least 3cm apart.
8. Place in the oven to bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 mins.
9. Once golden brown, remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool on the tray.
Wrap these up individually, tie with a colourful ribbon and give to those you love on Valentine’s day.
What V-day treats will you be whipping up? Tell us in the comments box below.