These delicious mince pies make the perfect festive treat. And as an added bonus, they are incredible easy to prepare.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 20 minutes
225g diced cold butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 egg, small
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Make the Pastry:
In a mixing bowl, rub the diced butter into the flour.
Add the caster sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well.
Shape the pastry into a ball and knead it for 30 seconds until the dough is firm.
3. Grease and line a cupcake tray.
4. Push thumb-sized balls of pastry into each mould.
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mincemeat into each mould.
6. Cover each pie with a round of pastry until the mince filling is completely covered.
7. Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes before removing each pie and leaving to cool on a wire rack.
10. Lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.
Pastries will remain fresh for up to four days in an airtight container – if you can resist them for that long!
Will you be baking these delicious treats over the festive season? Tell us in the comments below.