The negative space manicure is the biggest nail art trend for 2015. Here’s how to get the look.
You will need:
1. Apply a base coat and wait until dry
2. Select a translucent or clear shade for the triangle and apply two coats across the entire nail. Leave for at least 20 minutes to dry. It’s very important to wait until it’s dry because the next step is to apply a piece of masking tape to each nail to help you create clean angular lines.
3. Cut ten squares of masking tape and keep them handy.
4. Carefully stick the masking tape to one nail, angling it so that the corner of the square creates the triangle shape at the base of the nail. This will ensure that you don’t get any of the second colour in the triangular area below the sticker.
5. Then paint your nails the alternative colour and be careful not to allow the colour to seep in under the stickers. You can apply two shades if necessary.
6. Give the nail polish several minutes to dry, then slowly remove the sticker.
7. Apply a top coat to seal in the look.
What do you think of this trend? Tell us in the comments box below.
Image via Pinterest.