This mouthwatering roast beef recipe is the perfect treat for a special occasion. The whole family will love this delectable main course. Serve with delicious roast vegetables or a light salad.
1.5 kg rolled topside beef, trimmed of fat
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp rainbow pepper
1 tbsp sea salt flakes
1 large potato
1 large head of garlic
2 stems of rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the olive oil, sea salt flakes and rainbow pepper to create a rub.
3. Rub the beef and ensure that all sides are evenly covered.
3. Cut two thick, even slices of potato and place in a roasting tray. This will stop the beef from burning.
4. Place the beef on top of the potatoes.
5. Turn the oven down to 220 degrees Celsius and place the beef in the oven.
6. Peel and halve the shallots and combine with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Add the leaves from two stems of the fresh rosemary. Add these ingredients to the roast after 25 minutes.
7. Season well and return to the oven for 35-40 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
8. Cover the tray with foil and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
What are your thoughts on this recipe? Tell us in the comments below.