Golden, crunchy roast potatoes and sweet honey roasted carrots are the perfect accompaniment to a mouthwatering roast dinner.
Honey Roasted Carrots
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
8 carrots, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup honey
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 175 degrees celcius.
2. Place the carrots into a baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Mix until the carrots are completely covered with olive oil.
3. Pour on the honey, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until just tender. .
Perfect roast potatoes
5 tbsp duck fat
16 medium-sized potatoes
8 garlic cloves
8 sprigs thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Parboil the potatoes in salted water for 7-8 minutes until almost cooked (they will still feel firm when pierced with a knife). Drain thoroughly using a colander, then shake the potatoes around a little in the colander until the outsides are roughened.
3. Put the duck fat for the roast potatoes into a small roasting tin and heat in the oven for five minutes.
4. Add the drained, roughened potatoes to the tin of hot duck fat, then sprinkle over the garlic cloves, thyme and sea salt and mix until the potatoes are well coated in the fat.
5. Return the tin to the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
Roast potatoes or roast carrots: which do you prefer? Tell us in the comments below.