Winter appears to finally be on its way and is also the perfect excuse to indulge in this rich, meaty chorizo and tomato soup.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 red onion, with skin, quartered
1 red pepper, halved
350g cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
500ml chicken stock
400g tinned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
220g chorizo, chopped
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
15g fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Preheat the oven on grill setting. Arrange the quartered onion, halved pepper and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle over the sliced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and grill for 8-10 minutes or until the tomato skins have split.
2. In the meantime, slice the chorizo and set aside.
3. Chop the pepper and onion and purée with the whole tomatoes using a stick blender to achieve a smoother consistency. Add the stock and garlic from the baking pan and blend with the vegetables.
4. Add the soup to a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring regularly.
5. Add the beans, chorizo and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the basil and serve immediately.
Garnish with torn basil leaves and serve with cheesy tortilla chips or crusty home-baked bread. Enjoy!
What is your favourite soup? Tell us in the comments box below.